1. first step is to make caramel or if you don’t have much time, just melt down some Peters Caramel you can find it on amazon, I don’t know how I lived before I found this. (Great for caramel apples too but that’s another post )
2. then make your cakes. Here’s a link to my favorite chocolate sheet cake. in which case you just pour it into round pans instead of a sheet pan! But you could use your favorite chocolate cake recipe or even use a box if you are in a hurry. But really people it takes just 10 extra min to make it from scratch and so worth it.
3. Layer on the chocolate fudge frosting and just a touch of caramel.
- 1 stick of butter room temp
- 4 oz. of melted chocolate
- 4 cups of powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- whipping cream.
- pinch of salt
- put sick of butter in kitchen aid and whip with about ⅓ cup of the cocoa. Then pour in the cooled chocolate. if the chocolate is too warm it melts the butter so just make sure its warm and not hot! then add the powdered sugar until it is getting too thick. add the salt and then, Start adding the cream until its the perfect spreading consistency. I know I'm sorry I don't have exact measurement, its because it will depend on how hot your chocolate is ect.
4. top the cake with the caramel That has been sitting on the counter waiting and is not too hot. just let it drip all over the edges. This is where you want to make sure you cake is cooled if not down right cold. But we were have people over for dinner and I was in a hurry as usual, so it started splitting. we had a good laugh cause it was so yummy nobody cared.