Did you see Studio 5 and you now want to DIY your own Yahtzee game? Well you should because its so stinking cute and supper easy if you have the right tools. You only need to make 5 dice if you want to play Yahtzee or Yardzee as I like to call it. But I did go the extra mile so that we could play other dice games, and each person has 5 dice. I mean if you are cutting out blocks you might as well do a lot right?
What you need
- one 4×4 piece of fencing
- craft paint
- stencil down load HERE (fyi just use the template to create all the numbers)
- bucket to put them in
- score cards I found a few cute printable ones HERE and HERE and HERE
How to make it
- first cut the blocks with a miter saw make sure that you measure your 4×4 post, because the post are not 4×4 they are more like 3.5 x 3.5 and hey you want them square right?
- sand sand sand the edges because it would be supper sad to get slivers in little fingers. I used an electric sander and it work fast and left the blocks supper smooth.
- paint. I used Rustoleum spray paint but you could use craft paint as well.
- stencil on the pips with white paint. I also saw a site that had just used unpainted blocks and a wood burning tool for the pips both looked darling you can down load the stencil HERE
How to play
the standard rules can be found here from Hasbro RULES and we also used the cards in tenzee dice to play fivezee’s we did have to make up some new cards and my kids loved that game the most. I hope you have been following along with my outdoor yard games and I have loved seeing you make these. Tag me on Instagram @theglitzypear so I can see your creations and as always if you have any questions just leave me a comment in the space below. Happy summer.