Ribbon is the number 1 easiest way to update your tree this year. I know I know you thought I was going to say spray paint didn’t ya? Well my other love is ribbon and I’m not going to tell you how many boxes I have of beautiful ribbons but I am going to tell you how to tie a bow and add a bit of fun to your ordinary ornaments.
1. the first step is cutting your ribbons. I get all the ornaments in a pile that need a little pick me up. Then I cut all the ribbon for that ornament. So if I had 5 white balls I would cut 5 of each ribbon and tie them up all the same.
2. you need something to tie the big ribbons to. I went with a thin striped ribbon but you could use wire as I have done in the cluster below.
3. stack your ribbon keeping the smaller pieces on top. I like to have at least 3 different kinds of ribbon a color a pattern and a sparkle or texture.
4. use the little ribbon to tie it together on the top of the ornament and your done. Here is another version of a different ornament I used.
Now if you want to get a little bit fancy try this cluster of small ornaments. I have a big tree so I need big things. I didn’t have a lot of bigger ornaments so I had to make them. Here’s how
1. cut a piece of wire about a foot long and string on two med sized ornaments. twist the wire together.
2. add three more little ornaments in fun contrasting colors and patterns. and twist the wire together.
3. add the ribbon the same way as I showed you above, by layering the ribbon and then twisting the wire around it. (I did do some loops by folding one long piece of ribbon on top of each other)
4. then fluff that’s the most important, just bend and twist till it looks pretty but don’t stress too much about this part, cause once you get it on your tree it will just blend in with the rest of the loveliness.