You might not think that covering a box in fur is a useful skill but, my 12 year old boy thinks i’m pretty cool for making him a fur covered box for his sharpies. Brooke from Studio 5 said this little box should be called a calming box its like petting puppy!! LOL Here is the link to the office accessories show Stuido 5
Ok lets get started
1. start with a very sturdy box. this one is supper heavy duty it was already storing sharpies for a few years in a drawer.
2. Measure out enough fur to cover both sides top and ends. I just laid the box down at the edge of the fur and rolled it, very scientific I know!
3. Use Fabri-Tac glue or any strong glue that will adhere to fabric, and glue the fur around the box. Hold in place for about a minute so that the glue can set.
4. To make the ends work I just cut off the side pieces.
5. fold down the top piece to glue to the sides.
8, After gluing I gave the sides a hair cut, and there you have it. My new Chewbacca box as the kids in the neighborhood like to call it. I love petting it but lets be honest this box wont stay in my office as much as I love it, my Taylor already called dib’s.