First is easy part cutting out the shape of the petals, Here is a few options for this.
1. you can make up your own pattern, I highly suggest this one. not only can you get the shape you want, you can get the size as big or small as you need.
2. have your trusty Silhouette, Cricket or Sizzix cut it out for you.
3. buy the fabulous book Paper to Petal by Rebecca Thuss It has patterns for small life sized flowers.
4. find templates on the Web.
I used these chains along with the white paper flowers to help this flower backdrop feel full without using a ton of silk flowers. Can you just imagine this with real flowers?? Beautiful but a little unrealistic if you think about time and cost. Add a few crystal elements and bam you got yourself a wedding/party/photo booth/art installation for so little money its crazy!
Now here is my favorite way to make a paper flower. Each petal is cut individually and then glued into one flower. This takes a bit longer, but the results are so charming.
1. find a flower petal shape you like and cut out about 15, Some times a few more to fill in if it needs it.
2. Cut a slit up the center of each petal.
4. Hot glue the petals onto the edge of a round piece of card stock.
5. Layer layer layer, just add as many as you would like. I do three layers. Just a tip some times when I’m doing smaller flowers I like to cut the middle petals along the edges so they are a bit shorter and skinner.
6. add a center. you can do fringe or party festooning which I used here and your done with the flower part.
ok before I go any further can I give a huge shout out to My Minds Eye for their amazing paper!!! I’m so stinking lucky to know the fabulous Marcia who is the brain child for that brand. Love every thing they do!!! (and can talk about the fact that its double sided WHAT??)
Oh now, let the fun begin, just hot glue a dowel to the back or a clip or a ribbon and sick clip or tie these darlings to everything you can get your hands on! Oh it makes Spring so sunny and happy.
This little cutie is just a single cutout with a button glued to the center, come on who doesn’t want a few of these to tie to packages or just pop into a glass of lemonade? I know right?
So now there is no excuse for not being totally surrounded by pretty paper flowers!!! Enjoy your week, hope to show you pictures of the weddings that I’m doing this month.