Hello friends, this had to be the easiest backdrop I have done in a long time you only need card stock and foam core. I found this background idea from a store front. (sorry blurry photo) they used wood but I used a much easier medium. I created this backdrop along with My Paper Crush and Wants and wishes for the Snap Conference. then turned around and made one for a wedding I was designing a few weeks later. here is how I did it.
1 Cut the foam board into strips, they need to be 18 inches wide, that means you can get two long strips out of one extra large piece. you will have extra little pieces from the ends so that your kids can use them for swords! or not. LOL just a little tip use an exact-o knife to cut along a straight edge and you will get a perfect cut and it will take less time.
2. then you will want to make a line down the middle so that you will have a guild to place your paper on.
3. Cut your 12×12 paper into 3 inch strips, that will give you 4 strips from each sheet. after you have cut your paper cut half of them with one side at a 45 degree angle, so that you can over lap them in the middle and get a good edge. I cut way too much it only takes 17 cut strips to cover the board you will need to double that cause you need one on each side.
4. then start gluing, I suggest using rubber cement because you have a little bit of time before it dries and it will stay put pretty well without warping the paper like a more runny white glue. I laid out my pattern first then started from the top.
5. lay the uncut strip first with the point against the line and them the other 45 degree cut piece over that. you might need to adjust a bit, and don’t try to make it perfect it will never be perfect. I’ve done a ton of these and not one was perfectly perfect but they looked amazing once they were all up.
6. to hang I just punched a hole in each top corner with an extat-o knife and threaded bakers twine to hang. They are so fun and such a great way to add color to a fun photo backdrop or wedding cake backdrop. Tag me on Instagram @theglitzypear if you try this I’d love to see what you come up with.