You don’t need any fancy supplies to make these cards just a little time. The first time I made these were for a wedding shower and I had cute little fortunes written under the scratch offs. Each guest would give the bride her gift and the bride to be would give the guest back a cute little scratch off fortune kinda like a fortune cookie, only it was a vintage carnival shower LOL You can see the post HERE
I did find an easier way to make these scratch-offs, so that you can just scratch off a small part of the Valentine dare I say a heart, for Valentine’s day! This is what you will need for this
- print out the printables for you scratch-off Valentines.
- Write whatever you want in the hearts I would use a pencil, the ink with the pen I used smeared, as you can see below when I covered it with the crayon.
- Color them over with a white crayon and use a lot of crayon! I’m sure any color will work but white seemed the best. I didn’t want any other color showing through.
- mix your dollop of paint with a drop or two of dishwashing soap and painted over the heart. sounds weird but it makes the paint not as sticky so that it will peel off easily when scratched. I liked gold of course but you could use white or any other color. Just make sure it’s nice and thick maybe even two coats.
- give your guy a quarter and let him scratch away.
You can be sassy or as sweet as you would like with your scratch-off Valentines. I’m just saying if these are for your hubby they like them sassy! And the kids just loved to see what was written under their hearts! Ok, disclaimer my kids were scratching all the paint off the hearts until they found the one for a treat at the gas station. ha ha, I think this would be a cute thing to do for lunch boxes or at a party with little wishes. The sky’s the limit.
Happy Happy Valentines Day!!!